Gilesgate Bank Area
This is a very popular student location with a large student community. It’s within easy access to all University sites. Approx 12 minutes walking distance of the City Centre, 10 minutes walk to Hild Bede College and School of Education. Approx 15 minutes walk to University Library and Science Site (about the same distance as some houses in the Viaduct area but much cheaper to rent).
- Excellent Bus service to City Centre
- No parking controls in this area
- Tesco Extra – approx 10 minutes walk
- Large Retail Park with numerous stores including Aldi, TK Maxx etc
- Sainsbury Local - less than 5 minutes walk
- Pizza, fish & chips, Chinese takeaways and a bakers
- 3 pubs within a short walk of the area
With no parking controls, an excellent Bus Service into town and all the above facilities within easy walking distance, no wonder this area remains so popular with our Tenants.
Gilesgate area of Durham
Wynyard Grove is a private enclave, with a communal garden and no through traffic in this convenient location a stones throw from Hild Bede college and 50 metres away from a Sainsburys Local. A very popular student area.
- 1 minute walk to the Shoes Pub
- 1 minute walk to Sainsbury's Local supermarket
- 1 minute walk to the best Pizza takeaway in town
- 4 minutes walk to Hild Bede College
- 5 minutes walk to the School of Education
- 10 minutes walk to Elvet Riverside (this is closer than a comparable house in the viaduct, or even Butler College, and £30 a week cheaper than either!)
- 15 minutes walk to the University library and the Science Site (this is the same walking distance as from the further houses in the viaduct).
- Secure bike locks in the back yard and a Police Station at the end of the street! It must be the safest street in Durham.
- 80% of the street is student accommodation, so a strong student community
- Most people that move here, stay for 2 years!